Friday, September 11, 2009

Fame hasn't changed me

I was REALLY worried that after dancing in the world's biggest flash mob dance at the Oprah taping I would be you know different but I'm still me. It was a close call. I wondered if I'd be able to walk the streets as I normally did or would I have to disguise myself. And to make matters worse I was interviewed twice. I was now a national news hero. I obviously just wanted to be able to go back to Iowa to enjoy my quiet isolated life. I love strolling through the downtown Iowa City farmer's market and I couldn't bare the thought of giving it up. I guess I could have had my people go fetch something for me but they have other tedious work to do for me. I need to have Millie's shit picked up, ice water to take A LOT of pills, and I like to have someone to stand over me while I sleep and fix my blankets. (I can be a restless sleeper)I get chilly.
In all seriousness I am very glad I got to see Oprah in person. I am going to try to get tickets to see her in the studio so I can get dressed up and sit down. I also realized how much I would like to explore Chicago. It seems like a great city. I want to take advantage of being so close to it. I just watched some Food TV shows about Chi-town and it got me revved up for culinary adventures. Also it has a Home Goods store location which I am obsessed with. It is the home version of TJ Maxx. Loves it. I have been trying to make the condo more "homey" but falling short obvi some purchases would fix that in a hurry.
I have been having a pretty unproductive week but I did go for my routine mammogram which is a good accomplishment for the week. I think next week I am going to make a dentist appointment. Stay tuned for that excitement! I am going to a knitting class on Tuesday which is going to be cool. Knit 1 Pearl 2 is what my mom always used to say and now I'll find out why. She was a great knitter/croucheter. She was a talented crafter in general and I am trying to follow in her footsteps. I go to a place called HomeEc which is a super dope store/ learning place. Project 1 baby scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment